The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-ife has received full accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC) h for all courses in the Faculties of Law, Dentistry, Basic Medical Sciences and Social Sciences
It was gathered that the NUC had in 2018 withdrawn the accreditation for law, dentistry and other programmes at the OAU.
In a statement by the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the university, Abiodun Olarewaju, he said that the NUC, with the statutory mandate to accredit academic programmes in all Nigerian universities, had fully accredited all the programmes.
According to him, programmes being run by other Faculties were also accredited by the NUC while all programmes at the Postgraduate level were also fully accredited. With the latest accreditation of 42 undergraduate programmes, all the 107 programmes in the university are now accredited.
Thirty seven (37) out of the fourty-two (42) courses run in the University were granted Full Accreditation while five (5) others were given Interim Accreditation.
The statement quoted the Vice-Chancellor of OAU, Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede to have praised NUC for giving in its best to ensure that all academic programmes being run by the universities in the country were of international standards.
He also appreciated what he called the institutional spirit of the institution’s Governing Council, led by Dr Yemi Ogunbiyi, the Senate as well as all the departments, faculties and alumni associations.
The vice-chancellor said that their commitment had assisted, in much greater measure, in ensuring all the necessary facilities are in place, which eventually culminated in the accreditation of all the courses, particularly those with initial outright denial or partial accreditation.
See the result of the accreditation process below;
- Accounting – Full
- Agriculture – Full
- Home Economics – Interim
- Dramatic Arts – Interim
- English Studies – Interim
- Music – Full
- Philosophy – Full
- Portuguese – Full
- Religious Studies – Full
Basic Medical Science
- Nursing Science – Full
- Education Biology – Full
- Education Chemistry – Full
- Education Economics – Full
- Education French – Full
- Education Geography – Full
- Education History – Interim
- Education Mathematics – Full
- Education Physics – Full
- Education Political Science – Full
- Guidance and Counseling – Full.
- Integrated Science – Full
- Physical and Health Education – Full
- Social Studies – Full
- Agricultural Engineering – Full
- Food Science and Technology/Food Engineering – Full
- Fine Arts – Full
- Survey and Geo-Informatics – Interim
- Urban and Regional Planning – Full
- Law – Full
- Dentistry – Full
- Medicine & Surgery – Full
- Pharmacy – Full
- Botany – Full
- Computer Science – Full
- Geology – Full
- Mathematics – Full
- Statistics – Full
- Demography and Social Statistics – Full
- Economics – Full
- Geography – Full
- International Relations – Full
- Sociology and Anthropology – Full